The Colleyville Lions Club present the Strides for Diabetes 5K and 1-Mile Fun Run on November 3, 2018 at the Colleyville Center. The Lions Club will serve up a free pancake breakfast to all registered participants, there will be cool raffle prizes and medals for runners, music, entertainment, did we mention fun! Visit with representatives from companies that serve and conduct research for the diabetes industry. Fun for the whole family – even your leashed pet!
7:00 AM Registration for Runners! (T-Shirt and Packet Pick Up
7:30 AM Warm up and Welcome
8:00 AM 1K Fun Walk Begins
8:30 AM 5K Run Begins
9:30 AM Award Presentations
ONGOING UNTIL 11 AM –Fitness demonstrations, raffles, live music, pancakes, food sampling, diabetes education booths and more!
LEASHED DOGS ARE WELCOME TO ACCOMPANY THEIR FAMILY!
TO REGISTER FOR THE RACE OR TO SPONSOR CLICK THE RED BUTTON ABOVE.
(The button takes you to the Strides for Diabetes website so you can pay for registration or sponsorships online.)
The race benefits Diabetes and Sight Relation Charities Supported by the Colleyville Lions Club
DID YOU KNOW?
Colleyville Gives is the Quarter 4 Promotion, Q4P, designed to assist businesses impacted by TxDOT’s State Highway 26 reconstruction. Eligible businesses can apply for up to $1,000 in grant money to put toward an advertising campaign. Businesses who wish to make a $500 donation to an area non-profit will receive an additional $1,000 in grant money. Advertisements must display the hashtag #ColleyvilleGives.
Qualifying businesses must:
- Be located within the SH26 Project corridor, from Brown Trail to John McCain Road, and collect sales tax (sales tax ID may be required)
- Complete the Q4P application
- Complete a W-9 form
- Run an advertisement by December 31, 2018. The ad must contain the hashtag#ColleyvilleGives
Submit proof of advertisement campaign to city staff
To apply, eligible businesses must submit a completed and signed application and a W-9 form to the City Manager’s Office by emailing Christine Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about this promotion, please call us at 817.513.1111.
All applications are subject to City of Colleyville review.
PLEASE CONSIDER SPONSORING OUR NOVEMBER 3, 2018 STRIDES FOR DIABETES!
Help Colleyville Lions Educate Our Community and Support Diabetes Research!
PEACE CONTEST (Nov. 15, 2018)
- Theme: Kindness Matters
- Ages: 11, 12 or 13 as of November 15, 2018
- Prizes: (3 places; Gift Cards) $100, $75, $50
- Requirements: hand done, greater than 12 x 20 in., smaller than 20 x 24 in., no mat or frame, no lettering or numbers, 2-dimensional only: capable of being rolled for mailing in a tube
DRUG AWARENESS POSTER CONTEST (Jan. 19, 2019)
- Theme: The Dangers and or Consequences in the Use of Drugs or Tobacco
- Divisions (4): Grades 3-4, 5-6, 7-9, 10-12
- Prizes (3 places in each Division; Gift Cards); $100, $50, $25
- Requirements: hand drawn (no cut and paste) on poster board, 14 x 22 inches only
- Judging Criteria: quality, clarity, originality, spelling
DRUG AWARENESS SPEECH CONTEST (Jan. 19, 2019)
- Theme: Abuse, Addiction, and Recovery
- Grades: Junior or Senior
- Prizes (3 places; scholarships): $1,500*, $1,000, $500
- Requirements: 5 – 7 minute speech (text recited from memory)
DIABETES AWARENESS ESSARY CONTEST (Jan. 19, 2019)
- Theme: Diabetes in Sports
- Grades: Junior or Senior
- Prizes (3 places; scholarships): $2,000*, $1,500, $1,000
- Requirements: up to 1,500 words
- Judging Criteria: content (60%), recitation (25%), English (15%)
OUTSTANDING YOUTH CONTEST (Jan. 19, 2019)
- Grades: Junior or Senior
- Prizes (2 places; scholarships): $1,000*, $1,000
- Requirements: biography, interview, transcript, 3 letters of recommendation, 750-1,000 word essay “Be the Change You Want to See in the World”
- Judging Criteria: community service/leadership (35%), interview (30%), grade point (5%), letters of recommendation (15%), essay (15%)
* Winner advances to the State Contest on June 1, 2019 to compete for additional prizes
Speaker: Leslie Hill
Finalizing of Strides for Diabetes Event – If you signed up to help please plan to attend. If you didn’t sign up to help, now is your chance to do so. Hope to see you there!
Run, jog, or just walk your dog as we join together to support Diabetes awareness, education and research.
The Expo will feature local businesses dedicated to educating and helping those with Diabetes,vendors who provide diabetes related treatment programs and more!
Monies raised through runner registrations, sponsorships and vendor donations will be used to support Texas Lions Camp, Camp Sweeney, Leader Dogs for the Blind, JDRF, Vision and Diabetes screenings in our community and Colleyville Lion charities serving those with Diabetes and the related health issues that accompany this illness.
Join us for a fun-filled family morning!
RUN WALK LEARN SUPPORT
Join us for breakfast at 6:45 AM and learn more about opportunities to serve and enjoy the camaraderie of our fellow Lions!
Lion Sean Bryan will tell us more about the Lions International plans for helping others become more aware of the effects of diabetes on adults and children, and World Diabetes Day, November 14, and what the Colleyville Lions Club can do to support LCIF’s efforts.
Lion Leslie Hill will kick off the Colleyville Lions STRIDES for DIABETES 5k/1K Fun Run and Fair.
Lion Stan Hall will share information about the upcoming Diabetes Essay Contest.
Join us to see how you can help!